Data & Analytic Operations
Senior Director of Data & Analytic Operations
The Data Operations Manager provides excellent customer service support for Onpoint's claims and other healthcare database clients and their submitters. The position has operations management responsibility for Onpoint’s data intake operations, ensuring efficiency of work processes and systems with attention to continuous process improvement. Position requires a broad understanding of healthcare data, supported by strong technology, database management, and analytic skills. An understanding of billing and coding practices and standard transaction datasets is fundamental to success in the position. The Data Operations Manager develops an in-depth knowledge of clients’ data collection specifications and acceptance criteria; ensures quality assurance processes, standards, and benchmarks are established and followed; understands Onpoint’s data standardization, transformation, and enhancement processes; establishes and meets Service Level Agreements, including internal and external timelines; and identifies and leads and/or supports internal process and/or product improvement initiatives.
- Operations Management — Is accountable for oversight and results of data intake operations
- Develops subject matter expertise in healthcare billing and reimbursement procedures and standards
- Develops knowledge of data collection rules and standards, including documentation, modifications, and communications of same
- Manages the data collection and validation process, including efforts to increase automation and improve overall data quality and efficiency
- Maintains and meets internal and external timelines
- Provides excellent customer service and support to clients, data submitters, and client account managers including recommending improvements to submission processes and reporting
- Ensures reference tables are updated and maintained
- Reviews and updates data quality thresholds, edits, and processes to ensure the highest quality data
- Leads and/or supports organization-wide process improvement initiatives focused on improved efficiency of workflow and, ultimately, quality and reliability of data
- Evaluates and tests new processes and releases of applications
- Supports others in data research and analysis
- Management of Staff — Builds a strong, capable, and cohesive team by:
- Resource management — Provides support to Directors in assigning, prioritizing, scheduling, and monitoring progress of assigned work. Proactively identifies issues and constraints and works with Directors to find solutions.
- Operations management — Establishes efficient systems and processes and ensures staff receive necessary training on same. Provides guidance, direction, and follow-on support for team members in order to achieve individual accountability and success. Serves as both operations team leader along with managing the data intake and operations responsibility for at least one client
- Service excellence — Works diligently to meet agreed-upon deadlines and to ensure consistent quality of work product.
- Process improvement — Looks for opportunities to standardize and streamline work processes and systems and collaborates with others in implementing needed change.
- Coaching — Establishes clear performance expectations and standards for individual team members. Works together to set professional development goals and works with individuals to achieve those goals. Helps assess individual team member’s strengths and areas requiring additional training and support. Takes a can-do attitude with team in resolving issues. Sets an example for others in their level of expertise, attention to detail, productivity and work ethic, and positive attitude.
- Understands the value that Onpoint places on maintaining the confidentiality and integrity of its corporate and customer data and meeting its applicable privacy and security compliance requirements
- Ensures that Onpoint and customer data subject to privacy and security protections is accessed, handled, processed, transmitted, disclosed, and stored according to operational and IT policies and procedures
- Immediately reports any suspected or actual violation of privacy and security policies or unauthorized access or disclosure of Onpoint or customer data
- Understands that compliance with all privacy and security policies, laws, and regulations is part of each employee's annual performance evaluation
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Supervises all Data Operations staff
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in healthcare industry with increasing responsibility
- Experience leading high functioning teams
- Experience in a customer service role preferred
- General healthcare business knowledge
- Experience and knowledge of healthcare claims data and processes, including standard transaction sets, coding methods, and processing
- Strong analytic skills with the necessary attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, preferably with knowledge of SQL, MS Excel, and other data management tools
- Excellent organization, time management skills with a track record of consistent and effective follow through
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented culture
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence, including leading by example
- Ability to work independently