Data Operations Analyst I
Join Our Team
Onpoint Health Data is a dynamic, fast-growing, nonprofit company located in Portland, Maine, committed to delivering independent, reliable, and insightful data solutions to clients nationwide. If you are a motivated self-starter looking for the opportunity to work with emerging technologies and a collaborative, energetic team, Onpoint would be a perfect fit. We offer a very competitive benefits package and a great office space conveniently located in Portland’s East End.
Manager of Data Operations
The Operations Analyst I position supports the investigation, understanding, and addressing of data quality issues that arise during the receipt, validation, and processing of healthcare data submissions. The position is responsible for: performing standard data quality assurance activities, identifying and analyzing submission problems, reporting on submission statuses, and testing system enhancements. This position serves as a resource to Onpoint’s client account managers and interacts directly with data submitters’ technical staff to support their data transmission to Onpoint.
- Maintain status reporting regarding entity file submissions.
- Write and run ad-hoc queries using SQL syntax for the purpose of validating data issues with file submissions.
- Performs data quality validation checks on file submissions.
- Communicates promptly and effectively with data submitters regarding issues with file submissions.
- Communicates as necessary with government personnel regarding possible compliance issues and required standard reports.
- Is the point person for incoming communications from data submitters.
- Works closely with other Operations staff to ensure that high quality claims data is available for customer use.
- Contributes to documentation as necessary.
- Understand the value that Onpoint places on maintaining the confidentiality and integrity of our corporate and client data and meet applicable privacy and security compliance requirements
- Ensure that Onpoint and client data is accessed, handled, processed, transmitted, disclosed, and stored according to operational and IT policies and procedures
- Immediately report any suspected or actual violation of privacy and security policies or unauthorized access or disclosure of Onpoint or client data
- Understand that compliance with all privacy and security policies, laws, and regulations is part of each employee's annual performance evaluation
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the Onpoint Health Data Personnel Policies
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills
- Must be able to work independently
- An associate degree or one or more years in Data Management and/or Communication related positions
- Technical aptitude and a willingness to learn and work with coding languages, such as SQL
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel and MS Access
- Experience and knowledge of healthcare claims coding methods and processing is highly desirable