Join our team
Onpoint Health Data is a dynamic, fast-growing, nonprofit company located in Portland, Maine, committed to delivering independent, reliable, and insightful data solutions to clients nationwide. If you are a motivated self-starter looking for the opportunity to work with emerging technologies and a collaborative, energetic team, Onpoint would be a perfect fit. We offer a very competitive benefits package and a great office space conveniently located in Portland’s East End.
Data Analytics & Operations
Director of Data Analytics & Operations
The Health Data Analyst I position plays an analytic support role in investigating, understanding, and addressing data issues that arise in delivering data integration and analytic services for internal and external customers. The position is responsible for: Performing in-depth and ad-hoc data analyses; carrying out routine quality assurance activities; serving as a resource to project managers, including assisting with the translation of customer needs into project requirements; and supporting process improvement efforts to enhance operating efficiency and data quality.
- Requirements Development — As part of a project kick-off, meets with project manager, systems developers, data analysts, and others to gather and refine requirements before development work is initiated. Ensures there is sufficient specificity in scope of work and requirements. Specifics:
- Assists subject matter experts in development of requirements
- Designs and develops mock-ups of deliverables as part of requirements gathering
- Interfaces with developers and analysts during development phase to ensure that the end product meets customer needs
- Quality Assurance — Provides a broad set of quality assurance analytical services with guidance and support from senior-level analysts, including:
- Responds to ad-hoc queries / data analyses as requested by internal and external stakeholders
- Works in data quality investigation role, independently using SAS/SQL to investigate unusual findings in analyses and reports
- Explores source data files, ETL and report source code, reference tables, and groupers; identifies causes of unusual findings
- Works collaboratively with other Onpoint staff in the investigation and assists in making recommendation for solutions
- Involved in all aspects of data quality assurance through the entire Claims Data Manager (CDM) system from data intake through extract as well as other client deliverables
- For major software development projects, assists with the execution of testing plans
- Ensures continuous quality improvement in maintaining and updating reference tables, recommending additions/revisions to data quality edits, and other QA activities
- Analysis and Reporting — Assists with limited-scope, ad-hoc reporting requests, including:
- Assists with development of specifications with input from customers and/or subject matter experts
- Interprets, analyzes, and presents health data in an accurate, efficient, and thoughtful manner and in conformance with agreed-upon specifications or guidance
- Process Improvement — Supports organization-wide process improvement initiatives focused on improved data quality and workflow efficiency.
- General — Responsibilities include:
- Organizes and prioritizes assigned projects
- Develops expertise in client data collection rules
- Understands the value that Onpoint places on maintaining the confidentiality and integrity of its corporate and customer data and meeting its applicable privacy and security compliance requirements.
- Ensures that Onpoint and customer data subject to privacy and security protections is accessed, handled, processed, transmitted, disclosed, and stored according to operational and IT policies and procedures.
- Immediately reports any suspected or actual violation of privacy and security policies or unauthorized access or disclosure of Onpoint or customer data.
- Understands that compliance with all privacy and security policies, laws, and regulations is part of each employee's annual performance evaluation.
- As a member of a broader team, takes on and performs duties beyond specific role as assigned
- Relevant experience in health care data and analysis, health information technology, relational databases, or data mining preferred
- Bachelor's degree in sciences, mathematics, or another major with an emphasis on analytical or quantitative skills development, or equivalent experience
- Experience with relational databases and knowledge of querying and analytical tools
- Ability to analyze healthcare data, understand issues and problems, relate them to customers’ needs, and propose appropriate solutions
- Proficiency utilizing Excel to work with and analyze data sets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience handling multiple projects while successfully meeting deliverable due dates
- Experience working collaboratively as well as independently within multidisciplinary teams