Health Data Analyst I
Join Our Team
Onpoint Health Data is a dynamic, fast-growing, nonprofit company located in Portland, Maine, committed to delivering independent, reliable, and insightful data solutions to clients nationwide. If you are a motivated self-starter looking for the opportunity to work with emerging technologies and a collaborative, energetic team, Onpoint would be a perfect fit. We offer a very competitive benefits package and a great office space conveniently located in Portland’s East End.
Data Analytics and Operations
Health Analytics Manager
The Health Data Analyst I (HDA I) works closely with the Onpoint Analytics team to review, analyze, and provide graphical and verbal presentation of health care data. The HDA I learns to run queries and interpret outcomes to provide a key quality assurance role for our clients’ data. The candidate will run reports that inform our clients about health care quality, access, and cost. Under direction from senior staff, the HDA I investigates unusual findings in the data and helps build new reports and products. The candidate must be a detail oriented, independent learner, able to work on multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Analysis and Reporting
- Learn to use software tools, such as SQL, SAS, R to query medical claims data and provide clients reports for multiple projects (e.g., use existing code to conduct linkages, run quality measure rates, refresh of person level files for analytic use)
- After becoming familiar with coding tools, begin to modify code to develop new reports
- Prepare graphical reports using Tableau, Excel, and other statistical programs and PowerPoint
- Work with senior members of the Analytics Team to present health data in an accurate, efficient, and thoughtful manner
- May take a lead analyst role on a client/project after becoming familiar with Onpoint processes and databases
- Support analytic staff by running Onpoint’s data quality processes for extracts and other Onpoint products and reports. This may include running queries using SAS and SQL to identify unusual findings in analyses and reports and reviewing them with the project lead and senior analysts.
- Collaborate with senior team members to develop plans to investigate unusual findings in the data and explain or fix them.
- Assist with evaluation and testing of new software applications.
- Help complete review and quality assurance of multiple Onpoint reports and deliverables
- Work with Health Analytics Manager and project leads to balance multiple projects and priorities
- Build expertise in All Payer Claims Data, Onpoint’s data systems, and other health care topics
- Begin to develop strong understanding of relational databases
- Actively seek opportunities to learn and contribute more to the team
- As a member of a broader team, take on and perform duties beyond specific role as assigned
- Understand the value that Onpoint places on maintaining the confidentiality and integrity of our corporate and client data and meet applicable privacy and security compliance requirements
- Ensure that Onpoint and client data is accessed, handled, processed, transmitted, disclosed, and stored according to operational and IT policies and procedures
- Immediately report any suspected or actual violation of privacy and security policies or unauthorized access or disclosure of Onpoint or client data
- Understand that compliance with all privacy and security policies, laws, and regulations is part of each employee's annual performance evaluation
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the Onpoint Health Data Employee Handbook
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in sciences, mathematics, or another major with an emphasis on analytical or quantitative skills development, or equivalent experience
- Experience in health care data and analysis, health information technology, statistics, relational databases, and/or knowledge of querying and analytical tools (e.g., SAS, SQL, Tableau, R, Python, Excel) preferred
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency utilizing Excel and/or other data visualization tools to work with and analyze data sets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An interest in working with clients in a professional environment
- Solid track record of successfully meeting deliverable dates while managing multiple concurrent projects
- Experience working collaboratively and independently within multidisciplinary teams