Onpoint Health Data is a dynamic, fast-growing, nonprofit company located in Portland, Maine, committed to delivering independent, reliable, and insightful data solutions to clients nationwide. If you are a motivated self-starter looking for the opportunity to work with emerging technologies and a collaborative, energetic team, Onpoint would be a perfect fit. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a great office space conveniently located in Portland’s East End. We work a hybrid schedule, with two in-office days each week, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Data Analytics and Operations
Health Analytics Manager
Our team is growing, and we are looking for a Health Data Analyst II to join us. The HDA II works independently and with our Analytics team to review, analyze, and provide graphical and verbal presentation of healthcare data. The HDA II is familiar with coding practices and languages (e.g., SAS, SQL, R) and has experience working with relational databases. The HDA II regularly runs queries on our databases and is adept with analyzing outcomes to provide a key quality assurance role for our clients. As part of the Analytics Team, the HDA II also works with senior staff to understand and conduct investigations of unusual findings in the data and/or to develop and execute research and analytic plans for studies of healthcare. The candidate must be detail oriented, capable of learning independently, and able to work on multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Analysis and Reporting
- Be familiar with software tools such as SQL, SAS and use them to query medical claims data and data sources to conduct investigations related to health services delivery, healthcare costs, quality of care, insurance coverage, and access to care.
- Modify existing code and/or develop new code to produce reports, following specifications closely
- Prepare graphical reports using Tableau, Excel, and other statistical programs and PowerPoint
- After completing Onpoint training period, serve as a lead analyst for one or more clients, becoming the go-to person for questions and knowledge of the client’s data and reporting. A HDA II usually takes the lead on a client that has straightforward needs.
- With support from senior analysts and project leads, present health data in an accurate, efficient, and thoughtful manner. Participate in regular internal and client meetings and explain results to the team and client.
- Develop and give presentations to clients, user groups, and other customers
- Support senior team members in analyses, research, and investigations
- After training, work independently to implement Onpoint data quality processes. This may include running queries using SAS and SQL to identify unusual findings in analyses and reports
- Independently and with senior support, investigate unusual findings in the data and explain or propose solutions to fix them
- Assist with evaluation and testing of new software applications
- Balance multiple projects, coordinating with management and project leads to organize priorities as needed
- Develop expertise in All Payer Claims Data, Onpoint’s data systems, and other health care topics
- Understand relational databases and feel comfortable building reports from them
- Actively seek opportunities to learn and contribute more to the team
- Help document and improve Onpoint Analytic Team processes
- Begin to develop subject matter expertise in multiple areas. Examples include: quality measures, groupers, Medicaid data, risk adjustment, research design, project management, data visualization, advanced SAS coding practices
- Understand the value that Onpoint places on maintaining the confidentiality and integrity of our corporate and client data and meet applicable privacy and security compliance requirements
- Ensure that Onpoint and client data is accessed, handled, processed, transmitted, disclosed, and stored according to operational and IT policies and procedures
- Immediately report any suspected or actual violation of privacy and security policies or unauthorized access or disclosure of Onpoint or client data
- Understand that compliance with all privacy and security policies, laws, and regulations is part of each employee's annual performance evaluation
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the Onpoint Health Data Employee Handbook
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of equivalent work experience.
- Experience in healthcare data and analysis, health information technology, relational databases, statistics, and/or knowledge of querying and analytical tools (SAS, SQL, Tableau, Excel) preferred
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency utilizing Excel to work with and analyze data sets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with clients in a professional environment
- Ability to work independently on complex projects
- Experience handling multiple projects while successfully meeting deliverable due dates
- Experience working collaboratively as well as independently within multidisciplinary teams