Join Our Team
Onpoint Health Data is a dynamic, fast-growing, nonprofit company located in Portland, Maine, that is committed to delivering independent, reliable, and insightful data solutions to clients nationwide. If you are a self-starter looking for the opportunity to work with emerging technologies, a collaborative team, and make a real impact, Onpoint would be a perfect fit. We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package and a hybrid work schedule with a split between remote and in office work from a contemporary office space conveniently located in .
Onpoint Health Data is seeking a Communications Specialist with strong technical writing skills to support our business development and product teams. The Communications Specialist will focus on supporting Onpoint’s development of compelling business proposals for prospective clients across the public and private sectors in addition to development, editing, and polishing of other client-facing documentation and communications. Onpoint’s proposal responses and other client-facing materials must effectively convey our reputation as a market-leading health data and analytics organization known for high-quality, innovative, and responsive products and services.
Our ideal candidate is a critical thinker with excellent English language and communication skills, a keen attention to detail, and an interest in collaborating on complex projects across the full organization.
- Support the development of Onpoint’s business proposals for the public and private sectors, including analyzing, structuring, drafting, refining, and facilitating content production across teams
- Author original content and adapt previous proposal content to address the specific nuances of new proposals
- Provide proposal production and delivery support to ensure compliant responses to highly technical proposal requirements
- Collaborate with Onpoint’s senior leadership team, business development staff, and subcontractors to meet strict proposal deadlines
- Support proposal debriefing and lessons-learned sessions
- Support the development of detailed documentation for Onpoint’s core business processes and technical solutions, translating complex technical concepts and language into user-friendly support materials such as user guides and video tutorials
- Assist with the development of informational product backgrounders, newsletters, website content, and collateral that details Onpoint’s solutions for the general public and prospective clients
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining momentum, attention to detail, and the delivery of high-quality, on-time work
- Support an effective social media presence
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, business administration, or related field that reflects strong verbal, writing, and analytical skills and a methodical, scientific, and disciplined approach to work
- 1–3 years of relevant experience such as proposal, grant, business, or technical writing
- Extremely strong written and oral communication skills, including exacting attention to detail and the ability to edit and conform others’ work to maintain consistency in language, formatting, and branding
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a project-focused team to coordinate the production of complex deliverables under tight timelines
- Strong project-management, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Expertise with the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio