SYSTEMS DEVELOPER I
Join Our Team
Onpoint Health Data is a dynamic, fast-growing, nonprofit company located in Portland, Maine, committed to delivering independent, reliable, and insightful data solutions to clients nationwide. If you are a motivated self-starter looking for the opportunity to work with emerging technologies and a collaborative, energetic team, Onpoint would be a perfect fit. We offer a very competitive benefits package and a great office space conveniently located in Portland’s East End.
Information Services-Software Engineering
Systems Development Manager
The focus of this position is on technical support, troubleshooting, and quality. The successful Systems Developer I candidate will also contribute to designing, developing, and testing various system components within Onpoint’s Claims Data Manager (CDM) system. They will acquire a diverse skillset such as SQL, Java, and AWS Services to effectively analyze and troubleshoot issues. Through research, training, and mentoring, they will develop a strong understanding of the data being processed and the underlying data structures and processes to provide effective quality assurance and operating support. The successful candidate in this role will work with the rest of the Onpoint and Information Services team within an Agile software development methodology. and must be detail oriented and able to work on multiple projects at a time.
- Use industry best practices to extract and transform data from data lakes using Spark SQL.
- Contribute to efforts to research, evaluate, recommend, and implement new products, tools, and software solutions.
- Participate in analysis, design, development, and implementation of software solutions.
- Collaborate on system architecture and data model development.
- Make meaningful contributions to design sessions; gather and understand user requirements and assist with development and finalization of specifications.
- Follow project specifications closely and clearly communicate progress and status.
- Participate actively in regular status meetings, communicating effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Take an active role in maintaining existing software code base, troubleshooting systems defects, and unit testing.
- Perform operational, production support, and maintenance tasks.
- Actively seek opportunities to learn and contribute more and gain higher levels of responsibility on the team.
- Contribute to systems and end user technical documentation.
- Understand the value that Onpoint places on maintaining the confidentiality and integrity of our corporate and client data and meet applicable privacy and security compliance requirements
- Ensure that Onpoint and client data is accessed, handled, processed, transmitted, disclosed, and stored according to operational and IT policies and procedures
- Immediately report any suspected or actual violation of privacy and security policies or unauthorized access or disclosure of Onpoint or client data
- Understand that compliance with all privacy and security policies, laws, and regulations is part of each employee's annual performance evaluation
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the Onpoint Health Data Employee Handbook
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or related field plus one (1) or more years in systems development
- Experience with SQL and at least one object-oriented programing language such as Java is preferred
- Familiarity with Hadoop, SparkSQL, Amazon EMR, Parquet, Amazon Athena, Amazon Redshfit not required, but highly desirable
- Knowledge of performance tuning - analyzing log data and query tuning, partitioning, optimizing code
- Experience with Unix or Linux environments preferred
- Familiarity with AWS serverless infrastructure (Lambdas, step functions, CloudFormation) not required but highly desirable
- Experience working with healthcare data preferred
- Demonstrated ability to learn and work with new tools as system and business needs evolve
- Experienced in diagnosing technical challenges by reading code and technical documentation
- Ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills